7. January 2010 11:55
However long your engagement, there will be certain things that always book up quickly, so these will be the things you need to get organised first...
* Choose potential dates and times for your wedding.
* Decide on the size, formality and setting of your wedding.
* Create a wedding budget.
* Obtain wedding insurance (most venues will require you to have this)
* Reserve the locations for your wedding and reception.
* Meet with and book your wedding officiant or clergy.
* Choose your wedding party and confirm the participants.
* Draw up an initial guest list.
* Send a save-the-date announcement (email is perfectly correct)
* Organise your wedding planning in a notebook, on your PC or online
* Order your wedding dress and attendants’ attire.
* Book your photographer (and videographer)
* Reserve a caterer (if not using the resident caterer at the venue)
* Book your live entertainment or DJ.
* Reserve your florist.
* Order your wedding cake.